Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Red God Rises




I've been toying with an epic fantasy story (among others) in the back of my mind for years now.

Every once in awhile, I'll get some inspiration to create something for it. Maybe add to the history of one character, redesign another or create an entirely new one.

This is one of the new ones.

He came about while I grabbed an old image I had done using DeviantART's Muro. It was a pretty lame sketch, and I think it was the only quick thing I did with the app.

But on a whim, I grabbed it because I was forcing myself to think outside the box and work on something that pushed me to do something different.

The resulting sketch was pretty cool.

Then I reformatted my machine and installed on the wrong hard drive and lost it along with some other pretty cool images.

:'(


Anyways, this guy and some other characters I had come up with, fortunately wouldn't die so easily.

And so once again I took a stab at him.

He is menacing and quite villainous looking. But he is actually a good guy.

A bit of MyPaint, Gimp and Krita too. I am really starting to like da Krita!

No comments: