Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Volume 2 Sets Sail


EDIT: I guess technically this should be called Issue 2.


I'm sure that I am no different from the majority of people when I sit and stare at the blank page. It intimidates me and all I want to do is something that doesn't force me to think. When I got the notification that Comixology had accepted my first book, I was both thrilled and terrified.

You see, regardless of whether my books generate any kind of income for me and my family, I owe it to myself, Comixology and any readers that do become interested in WNTM to finish it. 

That's scary. 

This is probably going to be one of the biggest challenges I've ever faced.

And so when I've looked at the blank pages for the past week, I have been filled with quite a bit of trepidation. Even though I knew that the sooner I got started on this, the sooner I could release on a schedule that I was happy with. But it turned me to stone when I looked at it.

Reddit, you have been a bad distraction!

But I broke free from my catatonic state and got things rolling this week and thumbnailed all the pages yesterday and today. Then I photographed them with my iPad and brought the work into Procreate where I will be improving the layout and sketches.

Here we go!



No comments: